:davidbooth:

Where ideas hang out, and do whatever!
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Re: :davidbooth:

Post by Me So Hronek »

I did my weekly-ish trip to Kroger / Target / Trader Joe's and fucking hell that's stressful. Kroger was reasonably busy for 8am, which is right after their seniors-only hour ended. No issues finding stuff that I needed. Target was mostly empty, they didn't have a lot of food but I wasn't there for it.

Trader Joe's is being far more cautious than other stores -- they'd capped the number of customers in the store (30, I think) and had people waiting in line, six feet apart (with X's chalked on the ground). They're also limiting people to two of any item. If you brought your own bags, you bag, otherwise they bag for you with paper bags.
Cacophony

Post by Cacophony »

Me So Hronek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:27 am
I did my weekly-ish trip to Kroger / Target / Trader Joe's and fucking hell that's stressful. Kroger was reasonably busy for 8am, which is right after their seniors-only hour ended. No issues finding stuff that I needed. Target was mostly empty, they didn't have a lot of food but I wasn't there for it.

Trader Joe's is being far more cautious than other stores -- they'd capped the number of customers in the store (30, I think) and had people waiting in line, six feet apart (with X's chalked on the ground). They're also limiting people to two of any item. If you brought your own bags, you bag, otherwise they bag for you with paper bags.
Ya I went to Meijer yesterday and it wasn't too bad. Not really crowded but certain sections just completely wiped out (no ramen!)

Same on the item limits and I was also told I had to bag my own stuff since I always use reusable bags. Weirdest thing was just seeing random people look you in the eyes and back up or walk away like you are some sort of freak (I'm not THAT bad).
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

I read a Facebook thread about the lengths that people are taking when they go out to the store / come back. Wearing different clothes, wearing disposable gloves, wearing a mask, washing everything immediately after you get back, sanitizing everything that comes in the house, etc.

I cannot do all that. I'm careful when I'm out. I do not touch my face. I wash my hands when I get back. I rinse fruits and vegetables, but not with soap. I'm not transferring everything out of existing containers. I'm not quarantining my mail for 72 hours before opening it.

It is crazy how much attitudes have changed over the last two weeks. Two weeks ago there was a huge line at the ice cream place. A week ago people were careful shopping, but I only saw one total person wearing a mask and no one was giving any more space than usual. Today lots of people were wearing masks and largely respecting the 6 foot distance.
practice

Post by practice »

I enjoy being able to walk in the middle of the road all the time like it's 3am in a beach or university town. we got a Nintendo switch with animal crossing and I keep thinking about the simpsons yard work simulator joke. I'm supposed to start a new job on 1 June, who knows how that will work, or if it will. one of the weirder feelings I've had is about how all the finer/localer/bougier shops here have started delivery services for their fancy eggs and bread and sausages, and when my sister was still here and grocery stores were stripped of canned anything the shops that look like this were still full of canned tomatoes and ones from like the foot of mount Vesuvius at that
practice

Post by practice »

even though I am eating about 90 percent less chocolate and other trash I am at like late teenager level pizzaface somehow, maybe cuz I used to bike for two hours a day and now I do nothing, or maybe cuz at work I drink about a litre of water and hour out of a big old water bottle like Elliot the psychiatrist's psychiatrist from Sopranos
practice

Post by practice »

Me So Hronek wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:33 pm
Civilization 6
:bbb:
practice

Post by practice »

Cuchulain wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 pm
I remember when we got back from Wuhan almost two months ago now, we were bewildered by how non-seriously people were taking the situation. now two months later, Wuhan is starting to happen here. well, sorta, I went out for a bike ride yesterday along the sea wall (I think biking is still OK?) and there were a seeming normal amount of people walking closely together, children running rampant on playgrounds, people tossing frisbees on the beach, etc. I know people, including me, need to get fresh air, and maybe they were all just people that live together, but parents letting their kids go wild on playgrounds right now seems INSANE.
I went to my share of crowded ass playgrounds the week of this post :(
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

I'm generally eating better because 1. I'm cooking all of our food and not going out or picking up (yet) 2. my kids are around during the day so it's harder to sneak bullshit.

Making white chicken chili tonight for dinner, the kids get leftover pizza that I made a couple of nights ago because they refuse anything remotely spicy.

My desire to order from the local BBQ place is off the charts, partially because I would love to eat brisket / ribs / mac and cheese / baked beans and partially because I would get a break from cooking and doing as many dishes.

After I did the stationary bike yesterday I thought "At the end of this I wonder if it'll be obvious who has workout equipment at home and who doesn't."
Alexei Ca$hin

Post by Alexei Ca$hin »

I went to get my chair from the office the other night and man, my ass/back/wrists/everything are so much happier now.
Alexei Ca$hin

Post by Alexei Ca$hin »

Me So Hronek wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:44 pm
After I did the stationary bike yesterday I thought "At the end of this I wonder if it'll be obvious who has workout equipment at home and who doesn't."
Lol. And also who has practiced cutting their own hair (us bald dudes are well prepared).

I'm still rehabbing my knee injury so I can't really work out. I'm still doing all my physio exercises and starting some light stationary bike riding now. Sucks that I can't see my physio to get a better idea of progress and exercise progression, but not so bad all things considered.

Hockey getting cancelled is probably the best thing that happened for my knee. I had already attempted a (way too early) return and played our last 3 games because I am an idiot.
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

Yeah I think the peak of “Oh no I need to go get a haircut but HOW” on Twitter coincided with my biweekly buzz of my head over the bathtub.
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

I know shank used it because he invited me, but I don't know if anyone else was using The Private Torrent Site That You're Absolutely Not Supposed to Talk About that has been down (for me, at least) for the last week+. Does anyone have invites to Different Private Torrent Sites Where You Can Download Cool Stuff Without Getting Warned by Your ISP?
bonertowne

Post by bonertowne »

I think I still have two.
bonertowne

Post by bonertowne »

Oh shit I am sorry I did not read this message in full originally. I am still on aforementioned site and I have not had problems. Perhaps you updated your torrent software? They're pretty prickly about their whitelist.
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

My torrents still work, it’s just that the actual site has a 403 error
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

I don't know what I would've gotten banned for
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

I figured it out! I can download things!
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

I'd somehow gotten logged out and it wouldn't redirect me to a login page, I needed to find the right login page URL. Knowing that it was only down for me was key, thanks!
Me So Hronek
Site Admin

Post by Me So Hronek »

I'm completely unwilling to "buy" a digital movie for $20 at home. It's so dumb that the studios chose that route.