2023-2024 Offseason Thread: NHL Sets May 7th as official date of rigging lottery against Wangs

Steve Simmons Not Allowed
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Re: 2023-2024 Offseason Thread: SNES Complete Season of Extremely Paralleled Success

#21 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

Well, I know which one of those will happen
sutterfamily

Re: 2023-2024 Offseason Thread: NHL Sets May 7th as official date of rigging lottery against Wangs

#22 Post by sutterfamily »

Friedman saying the SNES really want Berube, which I think might be the best fit. Hoping it happens.

BUT, if that's the case he hasn't been hired because he's probably waiting around to see what else opens up after the first round. And I imagine the Leafs will be one of those openings? (even tho Keefe's extension for winning one round last year doesn't even start until next season...)

In which case, kinda hard to imagine him picking Ottawa (assuming that the Leafs would go for Berube, too)

Also have interviewed Dean Evason. Not suuuuuper enthused about that based on Caco's posts the last few years.
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Re: 2023-2024 Offseason Thread: NHL Sets May 7th as official date of rigging lottery against Wangs

#23 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

Given that Marner and Tavares are able to veto trades, I think the Core Four return and Keefe goes. The Leaves make enough money.

I could see him picking Ottawa over Toronto for a few reasons. Far less pressure from the media (no Cup or bust), barring major Leaf roster changes I don't think you go in there and do dramatically better in the regular season whereas I think that could happen with Ottawa, Tkachuk seems like the type of player he'd love to coach. He's right to wait and see, of course, and there is the "If you win a Cup in Toronto you'll be a God on earth" factor, but it could be that Ottawa is a better hockey situation.

Evason isn't exciting by any means but he'd be boring and stable, which Ottawa could use.
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#25 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

Speaking of head coaching jobs, Seattle is now open
sutterfamily

#26 Post by sutterfamily »

"Locked on Senators" twitter account is currently on a "sign Stamkos" tweet bender which is so hilariously naive.
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#27 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

Is he signing for the league minimum? SNES don't have an abundance of cap space from what I can see

If I'm Stamkos I re-sign with the BLOT at a slight discount. He's made almost 100 million in salary over his career and doesn't need a big payday. Probably wants to stay in Florida.

I have a slight hope that if Kane doesn't stick around in Detroit, Yzerman brings in Stamkos, but it's not like they'd be able to give him a huge payday either. And if he's taking less money, he should just stay in Florida.

As for the draft lottery, the Wings have such a minute chance of moving up that I'm not even registering it as a possibility.
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#29 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

I’d seen that they weren’t paying their hotel bills and road hotels made them pay up front with cashier’s checks, didn’t know they’d write their own totals

Astounding
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#30 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

Credit to Cooper for apologizing for his dumb shit

[media] [/media]