2023-2024 Offseason Thread: SNES Complete Season of Extremely Paralleled Success

Steve Simmons Not Allowed
sutterfamily

Re: 2023-2024 Offseason Thread: SNES Complete Season of Extremely Paralleled Success

#2 Post by sutterfamily »

How the fuck do I post without causing an internal server error
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Re: 2023-2024 Offseason Thread: SNES Complete Season of Extremely Paralleled Success

#3 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

Hello darkness [draft lottery] my old friend
sutterfamily

#4 Post by sutterfamily »

Beating MTL and BOS in the last five days costs the SNES 2 draft spots, good job.
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#5 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

What’s their biggest positional need, defense? Scoring winger? Options at both of those at 7. People love Demidov.

I’ll do my yearly How God Will Smite Me rankings of lottery preferences when the season’s officially over. Looking at draft boards my gut says the Wings pick Brandsegg-Nygaard or however that guy’s name is spelled. I’ve really liked Zeev Buium when I’ve watched him play but he’ll be long gone by the time the Wings pick (and probably when the SNES pick).
sutterfamily

#6 Post by sutterfamily »

Uhhhh. A top 4 RHD I guess?

I tried to post a list of their organizational needs but I keep getting an internal server error
sutterfamily

#7 Post by sutterfamily »

Their D is poorly constructed. The F needs some pieces added/removed but has a good "core" (I think? At this point, I'm less confident about this that I was a year ago for obvious reasons)

They also badly need a good coach and a goalie who can perform at-or-above league average (high bar, I know)
sutterfamily

#8 Post by sutterfamily »

There does seem to be a number of top-4-calibre RHD, kinda assuming they will go with one of those guys, can't imagine that ALL of:

Yakemchuk
Levshunov
Parek
Buium

will go in picks 2 through 6 (assuming they don't move up or down, they pick 7)
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#9 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

They should draft a coach, they’ll definitely get the top one on the board
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#10 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

RHD worth it are Levshunov (they’d need to move up), Yakemchuk (Pronman has him at 3, somehow), and Parekh, who is the most likely to be around when they pick. That guy seems like a boom/bust candidate.
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#11 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

Buium’s a LHD but I prefer him to Parekh, hands down (and with a prospect pool similarly in need of that position)

Adam Jiricek is an interesting option at RHD, missed a lot of the season due to injury, but my guess is he goes after the SNES and before the Wings
sutterfamily

#12 Post by sutterfamily »

Oh shit I meant to say Jiricek not Buium
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

#13 Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

I looked through the player comps for Pronman's most recent top 40 for 2024 and as if to confirm my feeling that this draft stinks after the top ten or so, the following Red Wings are cited:

Andrew Copp (#22 Cole Beaudoin)
Robby Fabbri (#24 Linus Eriksson)
Justin Holl (#27 Dominik Badinka)
Daniel Sprong (#34 Ryder Ritchie)