2PEENZ

Re: Achin', the Buttz

Post by 2PEENZ »

:mact:
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Post by Grand Moff Larkin »

FA was going to drive down to Ohio this weekend for shot #1 but asked at a Walgreens if they had any extras at 5pm and got one that way.

Just wouldn't let me be first!
2PEENZ

Post by 2PEENZ »

Yeah I put my name on the list at Shoppers (Canadian Walgreens/CVS). I've heard some are having extra doses at the end of the day and start calling people nearby if they can make it.
nick

Post by nick »

I expect that I'll probably get my first by like September the way things are going in Ontario.
Cacophony

Post by Cacophony »

Made a mistake leaving IL NA! I'm getting my 2nd next Friday, the 'wife' is getting hers 4 days later, and our 16 year old is getting his first Friday!
Cacophony

Post by Cacophony »

JK IL sucks I can't wait to leave lol
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Cacophony wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:52 pm
Made a mistake leaving IL NA! I'm getting my 2nd next Friday, the 'wife' is getting hers 4 days later, and our 16 year old is getting his first Friday!
Congrats on all the shots, bud

I don't necessarily feel urgency about it or a fear of missing out (which FA definitely had after a bunch of our neighbors got their shots) but I do want to get it done because man there are a lot of cases out there right now
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Getting the vaccine was fine. There was a long, winding line at Ford Field (everything was in the concourse) but everyone there was good about spacing / wearing their masks properly. I got a Detroit-style pizza from Buddy's on the way back. My arm is sore the morning.
Alexei Ca$hin

Post by Alexei Ca$hin »

Congrats dudes. Definitely have a bit of vaccine envy, especially with cases really flaring up here again.
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Numbers are very bad here, too. Neu! 15 is back in school for kindergarten two days a week (he had one day two weeks ago, last week was spring break, and now he has day #2) and I honestly thought they were going to call off in-person school. Maybe they should?

It was pretty encouraging that FA and I were able to get our first shots within a few days of the state opening things up for our age group. Hopefully enough people get vaccinated ASAP that the numbers start going down.

That said, it's obvious that 1. the newer variants that are going around have much higher transmission rates 2. the people who won't get the vaccine are fucking around even more than they were before.
linseman

Post by linseman »

i had pretty much accepted the prospect of going through summer unvaccinated, but fortunately/unfortunately i live in one of the designated 'hotspots' so might be eligible pretty soon based on latest info from the province
linseman

Post by linseman »

in keeping with the original intent of the thread i did perhaps my most strenuous workout in over a decade tuesday night, then ate a bunch of donuts and drank some beer last night

definitely achin' today
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Tell me more about these donuts
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

Achin' (4) Dough Nuts
practice

Post by practice »

Grand Moff Larkin wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:05 pm
Tell me more about these donuts
tell me more about Buddy's Detroit style pizza
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

The best part of Buddy's Detroit-style pizza is the crust, which is crisp and buttery and still a little chewy. I almost always get some form of pepperoni pizza, usually the Detroiter which is just pepperoni but this time I tried the Motown Museum which is pepperoni and bacon. The bacon was in small crumbles which worked well. I tried a limited-run buffalo chicken pizza at some point last summer and that was good.
practice

Post by practice »

there's a Detroit style pizza in London that is outrageously good but it's run by two Albertans so I do judge it for that
Grand Moff Larkin
Site Admin

I don't remember it being A Thing until I moved here. My friend in Oakland, CA just got Detroit-style pizza from a place out there for his birthday.
captain

Post by captain »

detroit red tops are sweeping the continent and I for one am thrilled about it
captain

Post by captain »

the place that makes really good red tops here launched their own app, but it was super buggy. i DMed them about it and they asked if I would help them troubleshoot it, so I did. for my time I got a permanent 50% off coupon

:wellwood:

to be honest, the only thing keeping me from ordering regularly was that it was kind of expensive. now the only thing keeping me from ordering is my own shame.