Advanced statistics are old news, friendship is the best way to judge players
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dale Hawerchuk fan fiction
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:00 pm 
Site Admin

Custom Title: Doggles TM Doggles
hocuscrocus wrote:
I wish. I'd definitely read the Winnipeg Jets and Quebec Nordiques subforums.

Would these involve Dale Hawerchuk fan fiction?

Dale entered the zone, pushing forward with speed and determination

Post subject: Re: Thread for horrible trade proposals from HFBoards
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:42 am 

Custom Title: shermer high school
Quote:
Dale cast a sidelong glance towards Laurie, his stick held firmly in his right hand as it rested against the boards.

"Hey, don't worry about it." Laurie said. "We'll get that one back."

Dale lowered and shook his head as a drop of thick sweat fell from the tip of his nose onto the wet white Jets road crest had worn proudly on his chest for the past eight seasons.

No. No it's not okay. That was my man, goddammit. Dale scolded himself. I can't let this keep happening, I just can't.

This isn't the way it was supposed to be.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:27 pm 

Custom Title: no more show ups
overoverover wrote:
Quote:
Dale cast a sidelong glance towards Laurie, his stick held firmly in his right hand as it rested against the boards.

Dale lowered and shook his head as a drop of thick sweat fell from the tip of his nose onto the wet white Jets road crest had worn proudly on his chest for the past eight seasons.

No. No it's not okay. That was my man, goddammit. Dale scolded himself. I can't let this keep happening, I just can't.

oh my christ this had me laughing

NA can you pull out the hawerchuk stuff and make a sticky thread for his fan fiction? (or at least a regular thread)?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:58 pm 

overoverover wrote:
Quote:

This was the 1988-89 season, the year the jets were finally supposed to make some noise. But after another devastating loss to the rival calgary flames, things hadn't been going so well.

"But this is the weekend", thought Dale as he stirred his morning Folgers and took a deep breath of the crisp Winnipeg winter air from his house on Portage. This wasn't just any weekend, but a chance to get away from glare of the Winnipeg Free Press spotlight and the growing discontent among fans.

Dale, Andrew McBain (whose -35 plus/minus that year matched the balmy January temperature), Pat Elynuik and of course Laurie Boschman had been planning an ice fishing trip to Lake Manitoba since the day Laurie found his 8" hand auger in the garage.

Post subject: Dale Hawerchuk fan fiction thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 pm 

* There is a rock band in Quebec named in honour of Hawerchuk, called Les Dales Hawerchuk[1]. They released an album in 2005 of the same name, with the image of Hawerchuk in a retro Winnipeg Jets jersey as the cover art.

* Hawerchuk is the president, director of hockey operations, and primary owner of the Ontario Provincial Junior A Hockey League's Orangeville Crushers. [2]

* On April 5, 2007 Hawerchuk was inducted into the Phoenix Coyotes Ring of Honor[3] joining Bobby Hull and Thomas Steen. The Jets/Coyotes franchise retired his number 10 on April 5, 2007.

* Hawerchuk was known as "Ducky" to his teammates

* Parents are Orest Hawerchuk and Eleanor Mitchell. Dale has been quoted that he is "proud to say that I am of Ukrainian origin."[1]

Post subject: Re: Dale Hawerchuk fan fiction thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 pm 

whoops those are all facts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:09 pm 

good to get some facts off the top like that to help us write his life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:11 pm 

jesse wrote:
* There is a rock band in Quebec named in honour of Hawerchuk, called Les Dales Hawerchuk[1]. They released an album in 2005 of the same name, with the image of Hawerchuk in a retro Winnipeg Jets jersey as the cover art.

The FUCK is this thread??

That's a great example of people who lived to regret fucking with me. They ignored my cease and desist PMs, too, and now try and find a copy of their album. Just try.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

Custom Title: Doggles TM Doggles
:dale:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 pm 

excellent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:12 am 

Custom Title: shermer high school
Oh yes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:26 am 

I've actually seen Les Dales Hawerchuk! They are terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:04 am 

Custom Title: The clutchiest
bengood wrote:
overoverover wrote:
Quote:

This was the 1988-89 season, the year the jets were finally supposed to make some noise. But after another devastating loss to the rival calgary flames, things hadn't been going so well.

"But this is the weekend", thought Dale as he stirred his morning Folgers and took a deep breath of the crisp Winnipeg winter air from his house on Portage. This wasn't just any weekend, but a chance to get away from glare of the Winnipeg Free Press spotlight and the growing discontent among fans.

Dale, Andrew McBain (whose -35 plus/minus that year matched the balmy January temperature), Pat Elynuik and of course Laurie Boschman had been planning an ice fishing trip to Lake Manitoba since the day Laurie found his 8" hand auger in the garage.

The team had tried to shake things up the previous offseason, trading Dale's trigger man Paul "The 'Stache" McLean for the soon-to-be Mark's Work Warehouse Hardest Working Player Brent Ashton. But, Brent's sandpaper and grit weren't producing the goals that Dale needed to be happy. Patty E was a rookie and looked good skating next to Dale, but he couldn't grow the thick, dark black 'Stache Paul McLean sported, causing Dale to miss him on several passes that normally would have been tape-to-tape.

The lack of a recognizable moustache on the first line was the least of the team's problems. Dan Maloney had just been let go as coach, never to coach again, and solid vets Mario Marois and Ray Neufeld had been traded. No one seemed safe anymore, even Dale who felt his then -30 plus/minus might make him vulnerable. But no goddamn way did he want to play himself off this team. There was too much unfinished business to take care of in Manitoba for him to leave: there was a master angler walleye lurking in the depths of the bay on the west side of Lake Winnipeg near his holiday house that had eluded him since he had bought the place with the advance of contract he had signed outside at the iconic corner of Portage & Main some 8 years earlier, a young boy straight out of junior puck in Cornwall on his way up as a god in the big city.

"This weekend," he said to Laurie, getting into his Ford Bronco 4x4 (to tackle the deep snow up near the lake -- the wood-panelled Oldsmobile would be staying toasty in his carport that day) "we'll finally catch her, thanks to that eight-incher you found."

"Damn straight Duck," Laurie said, clutching his warm thermos of prairie oil, the Winnipeg combination of Folgers and oatmeal that got him through his days. "And we'll solve the power play problems, making it a win-win-win weekend for us all. That'll teach Rick Bowness, that good-for-nothing loser." Laurie had championed himself as a leading candidate for team coach when Don was rumoured to be fired, figuring that his status as a born-again Christian would mean that God would finally be on their side instead of nestled in the emerging Bible belt in Alberta.

Dale slid out of the driveway and drove across town to the party house where Pat and Andrew were kicking through the stubbies of Standard Lager and OV that littered the living room, careful not to wake Peter Taglianetti. He had passed out on the sofa clutching a battered copy of Burton Cummings' "Stand Tall" single after making a drunken plea the night before that it should be used as the team's intro song instead of the more modern "Jump" by Van Halen that the team had recently adopted, exclaiming "he's a fucking Winnipegger with a moustache, like Paul was" before breaking down in hysterics.

They loaded their two-fours, long-johns and tapes for the road into the Bronco and Dale pointed them all north on Highway 8, ready to get the weekend started.

Little did they know that the Euros on the team -- Thomas Steen, Freddy Olausson and Teppo Numminen -- were planning a trip up that way too, to see their Scandinavian brethren in New Iceland for the first time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:13 pm 

Custom Title: Total Canucks Baby
Yesyesyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:42 pm 

Custom Title: user minor
patrick cokane wrote:
Yesyesyes

this is what i wanted to say but words failed me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:13 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsjTwafeLx4#t=2m29s

THIS is the team Ducky left behind in '90. No wonder they ceased to exist 4 years after they went on THAT roadtrip (which, probably, ended up being a 1-4-1 trip, aka a 'decent' one).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 pm 

nickweig wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsjTwafeLx4#t=2m29s

THIS is the team Ducky left behind in '90. No wonder they ceased to exist 4 years after they went on THAT roadtrip (which, probably, ended up being a 1-4-1 trip, aka a 'decent' one).

Actually, they went 1-2-1 (beating Hartford, losing to NYR and Boston, a tie against Ottawa) (http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/) They then went on a 6-game losing streak. Woo :mact:

Last edited by nick on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 pm 

Goddamn that site is gold

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 pm 

Is that Harold Ramis?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:52 pm 

Custom Title: The People's Captain
I had finally found the perfect sandwich. Ham, turkey, cheddar and provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, sprouts, mustard and submarine dressing. Delicious. As I went to refill my drink, I see a shady, bearded man run over to my table, and finish the last few bite of my heavenly sandwich. I begin to protest this when I notice that it is none other than Dale God Damn Hawerchuk Grinning, he begins inching towards the door, looks me straight in the eyes, and shouts so that all in the restaurant can hear him, “No one will ever believe you!!” and walks out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:16 am 

Custom Title: Moderate-to-Severe
(squip)