The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
They should just simulate this season, or at least pay me money to watch it.
- hotnickelsyo
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:16 pm
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
The first game being national broadcast just feels inhumane. CAR-WSH is right there. Take it. Let us suffer with our own.
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
The best case scenario for this year:
1. Most or all of Kasper, Danielson, MBN, ASP, and Anton Johansson prove themselves to be solid NHL players, take spots from vets, and produce (especially the forwards).
2. Edvinsson is signed ASAP to a long-term deal. I do not care how much it costs.
3. Larkin agrees to be traded to a non-Minnesota team with a quality center prospect and other assets.
4. Faulk is traded before the deadline and they're able to recoup close to what they gave up for him, i.e. a first-rounder.
5. Postava and/or Augustine get NHL games, the team gets a sense of whether they can be relied on for at least a tandem role in the near future.
6. Gibson does well in a losing effort, they decide to move him at the deadline for a surprisingly good return for a goalie.
7. They finished bottom-five, don't get boned by the lottery, and get either Landon Dupont or one of the top center prospects.
1. Most or all of Kasper, Danielson, MBN, ASP, and Anton Johansson prove themselves to be solid NHL players, take spots from vets, and produce (especially the forwards).
2. Edvinsson is signed ASAP to a long-term deal. I do not care how much it costs.
3. Larkin agrees to be traded to a non-Minnesota team with a quality center prospect and other assets.
4. Faulk is traded before the deadline and they're able to recoup close to what they gave up for him, i.e. a first-rounder.
5. Postava and/or Augustine get NHL games, the team gets a sense of whether they can be relied on for at least a tandem role in the near future.
6. Gibson does well in a losing effort, they decide to move him at the deadline for a surprisingly good return for a goalie.
7. They finished bottom-five, don't get boned by the lottery, and get either Landon Dupont or one of the top center prospects.
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
It's a personal attack that Ken and Mick won't be easing me into this pain!hotnickelsyo wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:28 pm The first game being national broadcast just feels inhumane. CAR-WSH is right there. Take it. Let us suffer with our own.
- hotnickelsyo
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:16 pm
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Watching anyway, like a fool. Part of me is glad that they're just spending the entire pregame lighting up the organization about everything.
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Had to walk Gordie, got back to see them down 1-0 and starting a PK
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Gibson should’ve had that
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Gabe Perreault got way too cute at the end of that
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Copp on PP1 is deflating
I haven’t seen Kasper play a shift yet
I haven’t seen Kasper play a shift yet
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Ras on PP2 over Kasper
That unit was a fucking mess
That unit was a fucking mess
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
I saw Kasper!
He's here, he's here, at last
I saw him! I swear!
On the second floor
Up on the brown baize lift shaft
He's here! He's here at last!
I saw him! I swear!
He's here, he's here, at last
I saw him! I swear!
On the second floor
Up on the brown baize lift shaft
He's here! He's here at last!
I saw him! I swear!
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
It’s bad enough not having any centers, the Wings should get some luck at least
(I thought that Copp redirect of an AnJo shot went in)
(I thought that Copp redirect of an AnJo shot went in)
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Kasper on the second unit this time
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
One goal, as a treat? Please?
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
Kasper fights Durzi after ASP takes a hooking penalty
Kasper’s been noticeable in the last half period or so
Kasper’s been noticeable in the last half period or so
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
That’s a brutal hooking call, the Rag held ASP’s stick
- hotnickelsyo
- Posts: 48
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:16 pm
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
I don't know how this isn't biased thought, but it does not seem to me like this lineup is missing 71 tonight.
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
The PP is, I don’t think he’s been missed at even strength
- neuartillery
- Site Admin
- Posts: 7877
- Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
- Location: Ann Arbor, MI
- Contact:
Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness
I hate how the announcers keep acting like the Wings got lucky for that second goal getting called offside from a review. It was offside! It shouldn’t have counted!