The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

Steve Simmons Not Allowed
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#1 Post by neuartillery »

They should just simulate this season, or at least pay me money to watch it.
User avatar
hotnickelsyo
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:16 pm

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#2 Post by hotnickelsyo »

The first game being national broadcast just feels inhumane. CAR-WSH is right there. Take it. Let us suffer with our own.
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#3 Post by neuartillery »

The best case scenario for this year:

1. Most or all of Kasper, Danielson, MBN, ASP, and Anton Johansson prove themselves to be solid NHL players, take spots from vets, and produce (especially the forwards).
2. Edvinsson is signed ASAP to a long-term deal. I do not care how much it costs.
3. Larkin agrees to be traded to a non-Minnesota team with a quality center prospect and other assets.
4. Faulk is traded before the deadline and they're able to recoup close to what they gave up for him, i.e. a first-rounder.
5. Postava and/or Augustine get NHL games, the team gets a sense of whether they can be relied on for at least a tandem role in the near future.
6. Gibson does well in a losing effort, they decide to move him at the deadline for a surprisingly good return for a goalie.
7. They finished bottom-five, don't get boned by the lottery, and get either Landon Dupont or one of the top center prospects.
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#4 Post by neuartillery »

hotnickelsyo wrote: ↑Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:28 pm The first game being national broadcast just feels inhumane. CAR-WSH is right there. Take it. Let us suffer with our own.
It's a personal attack that Ken and Mick won't be easing me into this pain!
User avatar
hotnickelsyo
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:16 pm

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#5 Post by hotnickelsyo »

Watching anyway, like a fool. Part of me is glad that they're just spending the entire pregame lighting up the organization about everything.
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#6 Post by neuartillery »

Had to walk Gordie, got back to see them down 1-0 and starting a PK
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#7 Post by neuartillery »

Gibson should’ve had that
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#8 Post by neuartillery »

Eat shit Rags!
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#9 Post by neuartillery »

Gabe Perreault got way too cute at the end of that
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#10 Post by neuartillery »

Copp on PP1 is deflating

I haven’t seen Kasper play a shift yet
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#11 Post by neuartillery »

Ras on PP2 over Kasper

That unit was a fucking mess
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#12 Post by neuartillery »

I saw Kasper!

He's here, he's here, at last
I saw him! I swear!
On the second floor
Up on the brown baize lift shaft
He's here! He's here at last!
I saw him! I swear!
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#13 Post by neuartillery »

It’s bad enough not having any centers, the Wings should get some luck at least

(I thought that Copp redirect of an AnJo shot went in)
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#14 Post by neuartillery »

Kasper on the second unit this time
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#15 Post by neuartillery »

One goal, as a treat? Please?
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#16 Post by neuartillery »

Kasper fights Durzi after ASP takes a hooking penalty

Kasper’s been noticeable in the last half period or so
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#17 Post by neuartillery »

That’s a brutal hooking call, the Rag held ASP’s stick
User avatar
hotnickelsyo
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:16 pm

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#18 Post by hotnickelsyo »

I don't know how this isn't biased thought, but it does not seem to me like this lineup is missing 71 tonight.
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#19 Post by neuartillery »

The PP is, I don’t think he’s been missed at even strength
User avatar
neuartillery
Site Admin
Posts: 7877
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:46 pm
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Contact:

Re: The Official 2026-2027 Detroit Red Wings Thread: Everywhere I look it's a darkness

#20 Post by neuartillery »

I hate how the announcers keep acting like the Wings got lucky for that second goal getting called offside from a review. It was offside! It shouldn’t have counted!
Post Reply